n the spring of 1948, Paul and Frances Lindsey first opened their doors as a take-out fried clam restaurant. People loved the delicious fried clams so much, that in 1968, the Lindsey’s expanded the clam shack into a larger, full service restaurant. Time went by and the second generation of Lindsey’s took over the family business. Today, owner Cheryl Lindsey continues the family tradition in East Wareham where it all began in 1948. Over the course of 66 years, Lindsey’s Family Restaurant has become one of the upper Cape’s most beloved restaurants and recognizable landmarks. Generations of Cape lovers have flocked to Lindsey’s year round for their deliciously consistent food, quality service and impeccably clean restaurant.